For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Joe Ramiro Garcia



"Some people believe that paintings have meanings. Although I employ images from cartoons, animals, and objects in my work, I do not believe in creating a specific narrative.

Instead I am sensitive to the charge or implication imagery lends to the painting’s surface. Currently I am using cartoon characters and other media images to conjure up new and old observations of the familiar.

I am inspired by our experiences with life and mortality.

Paintings are like walls. They remind me of the places I’ve lived around. Their surfaces recall kitchens, bedrooms, and backyards.

I believe that we possess more than five senses and I’m convinced these extra perceptional senses allow us to create and digest art. If there is a message in my painting, it’s that I’m not sure of anything and I’m okay with it. "



JOE RAMIRO GARCIA




Born in Houston, Texas on December 24, 1966.
Moved to Chicago, IL in 1985.
Moved to Santa Fe, NM in 1987.

Education
Painting's Edge Workshop with: David Pagel, Thomas Nozkowski, and Roland Reis , Idyllwild, CA
2002
Three Week Intensive Workshop with Squeak Carnwath, Santa Fe Art Institute, Santa Fe, NM
1999
Museum of Contemporary Art Seminar Series, Chicago, IL


1986 & 1987
School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL

1985 & 1986
High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, Houston, TX


1982 - 1985


Awards

HONORABLE MERIT
THE SHOW , MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, SANTA FE, NM

more


















No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails